What is Baseline Concussion Testing?
Multimodal baseline testing is a series of physical and cognitive tests that measure healthy brain function before a sports season starts.
Concussion symptoms often resolve before the brain has fully recovered. Having baseline information provides healthcare practitioners with valuable insight into how your brain functions when healthy. After a concussion, this information helps to detect lingering deficits and brain recovery levels to make safer return to sport decisions.
Pre-Season Concussion Testing!
- Did you know up to 30% of high-risk athletes receive a concussion each season?
- 50% of concussions in sport are not recognized or reported?
- Mismanaged Concussions can cause permanent or long-lasting issues! Proper management is key and often results in full recovery.
What Does It Involve?
Multimodal baseline testing is a series of physical and cognitive testing designed to provide a Pre-injury overview of healthy brain function. These tests will provide an objective benchmark on which to compare should an athlete sustain a concussion.
- Full concussion and medical history
- Symptom score
- Auditory Memory
- Concentration and attention tests
- Visual tracking and processing speed
- Balance testing
- Reaction time testing
- Strength and performance
- Delayed memory recall
- Full Neurocognitive testing using Cambridge Brain Sciences Software
“Comparing post injury test results to baseline test results can assist healthcare professionals in identifying the effects of Head injury and making more informed return to school, work and play decisions!”
CDC: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention