Healthcare For All The Stages Of Life
There are few things more precious in this life than our children. From the moment they come into this beautiful world, they are forced to adapt at an ever-increasing speed. They grow, develop personalities, hone skills, and learn at an incredible pace.
Cobblestone Kids offers certified Pediatric Physiotherapists and Chiropractors to provide therapeutic intervention within the context of the developing child. Our experienced clinical team of therapists have a broad skill base, with which to assess and treat the diverse needs of your child and help them reach their functional goals and maximum potential! Your important role in the treatment circle of care is developed through goal setting, education and hands-on instruction.
At Cobblestone Medicine and Rehab, our Physiotherapists and Chiropractors provide assessment and intervention to help children with their mobility, strength, flexibility, balance, coordination and core stability. They help infants with attaining early developmental skills and help children with motor planning and building fundamental gross motor skills. They can also help with improving endurance, conditioning, physical activity, fitness and sport skill development.
We work closely with children and families to provide assessment, treatment and ongoing education for a wide variety of pediatric conditions including:
- Neurological conditions such as cerebral palsy, neuromuscular disorders, acquired brain injury
- Gross and Fine motor delays
- Handwriting difficulties
- Infant development
- Hypotonia conditions
- Genetic Disorders and congenital related conditions
- Balance and Co-ordination difficulties
- Torticollis and plagiocephaly
- Incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction
- Orthopedic conditions such as joint hypermobility, muscle weakness, idiopathic toe walking, postural issues, recovery post fracture
- Post procedure or surgery such as Botox, orthopedic surgery, selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR)
- De-conditioning from prolonged illness or hospitalization
- Sensory Issues
- Feeding difficulties
- Play-based learning, social, cognitive and communication challenges
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- Acute and chronic chest conditions
- Need for adapted or specialized equipment (Cobblestone Medicine and Rehab Centres are ADP Certifed**)
- Cobblestone ADP Programs
Together our team has a wide range of skills and expertise in a variety of treatment techniques. Each child is unique and presents with his or her own challenges and temperament. Part of the assessment process is determining what type of treatment is best suited to your child’s needs. As pediatric therapists we believe that it is important to have a “tool box” of varied techniques and approaches to meet those needs. We are each committed to expanding our treatment “tool box” through ongoing education and professional development.