Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Therapy
TMJ rehab refers to the process of restoring normal function to the temporomandibular joint, which connects the jawbone to the skull. This can involve a variety of exercises and therapies aimed at reducing pain, improving mobility, and strengthening the muscles around the jaw. Some common TMJ rehab techniques include jaw stretches, massage, heat and cold therapy, and electrical stimulation. It’s important for anyone experiencing TMJ issues to work closely with a healthcare professional to develop an individualized treatment plan that addresses their specific needs and concerns. Our Cobblestone therapists have additional training in TMJ rehabilitation and may include Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, Massage Therapists, Acupuncturists and Osteopaths.
The benefits of TMJ rehab can be numerous and may include:
1. Reduced pain: TMJ rehab can help to alleviate the pain and discomfort that often accompanies TMJ disorders.
2. Improved range of motion: Through various exercises and techniques, TMJ rehab can help to improve the range of motion in the jaw, making it easier to eat, speak, and perform other daily activities.
3. Increased strength: Strengthening the muscles around the jaw can help to reduce the risk of future TMJ issues and improve overall jaw function.
4. Enhanced quality of life: By reducing pain and improving function, TMJ rehab can help individuals to enjoy a better quality of life overall.
5. Avoidance of surgery: In many cases, TMJ rehab can help individuals to avoid more invasive treatments like surgery, which can be costly and require a long recovery time.
Overall, TMJ rehab can be an effective way to manage TMJ disorders and improve overall jaw health. Have any questions about how our Cobblestone healthcare team can assist you? Feel free to give us a call! We have helped many people with their TMJ disorders and concerns!