Cobblestone Neurological Rehabilitation
What Is Neurological (Neuro) Rehabilitation?
Neurological rehabilitation is a program designed for people with diseases, injury, or disorders of the nervous system. Neurological rehab can often improve function, reduce symptoms, and improve the well-being of the patient.
What Conditions Can Benefit From Neurological Rehabilitation?
Injuries, infections, degenerative diseases, structural defects, tumors, and disorders in the circulatory system can impair the nervous system. Some of the conditions that may benefit from neurological rehab may include:
- Vascular disorders, such as ischemic strokes (caused by blood clots), hemorrhagic strokes (caused by bleeding in the brain), subdural hematoma, and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs)
- Infections, such as meningitis, encephalitis, polio, and brain abscesses
- Stroke Rehab
- Trauma, such as brain and spinal cord injury
- Structural or neuromuscular disorders, such as Bell palsy, cervical spondylosis, carpal tunnel syndrome, brain or spinal cord tumors, peripheral neuropathy, muscular dystrophy, myasthenia gravis, and Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Functional disorders, such as headache, seizure disorder, dizziness, and neuralgia
- Degenerative disorders, such as Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer disease, and Huntington chorea
Goals Of Our Cobblestone Neuro Rehab Program
A neurological rehab program is designed to meet your individual needs, depending on your specific problem or disease. Active involvement of you and your family is vital to the success of the program. The goal of neurological rehab is to help you return to the highest level of function and independence possible, while improving your overall quality of life — physically, emotionally, and socially.
To help reach these goals, our programs include a team-based multidisciplinary approach to care:
- Chiropractic Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Massage Therapy/ Osteopath
- Kinesiology and Athletic Therapy
- Vestibular Certified therapists
- Cognitive Rehab Therapists
- Neuro-Optometry and Vision Therapy
- Personal Training and conditioning
- Naturopathic Medicine and Nutritional Counselling