Our online “Skype Style” Virtual one:one services were created for ANY individual whom can not make it to a clinic appointment.
We eliminate this barrier and come to you via a screen in your home for the same great quality appointment
We are a team of rehab professionals whom are dedicated to helping our clients reach their goals. We believe in working as a team and giving you the TOOLS you will need to move forward in your journey. In recognizing that not everyone has the physical access to services we set out to find a way to bring the services to YOU!
Believing in evidence based practice, research is shows us that telehealth (virtual) services is an EFFECTIVE medium to deliver rehab services with POSITIVE results!
What does this mean to you? This means you can receive your physiotherapy in the privacy and comfort of your home and KNOW you are receiving the same quality care you would receive in our clinic!
Do you live in a remote area?
Life is busy? Not enough hours in your day? Inability to leave your home or office?
Do you require services that aren’t available in your town?
Telehealth Services eliminate geography as the barrier to you accessing the high quality rehab services you need to help you reach your goals
Who does Cobblestone TeleRehab work for?
Our “Skype Style” Virtual Services (aka. Telehealth) were created for ANYONE whom can not make it to the clinic for their appointment.
This could include (but is not limited too):
New mom’s trying to juggle newborn’s schedules with life
Professionals whom are stuck at the office and can’t get away for an hour
Someone living in a remote community with no local clinic to attend
Weather makes it so you can’t get out of your driveway
Practitioners whom wish to consult with a “niche” services provider
You live in a community that does not have the specific services you need
There will always remain circumstances where an in person visit is required ~ but research is continuing to show us that virtual visits can address and treat the same needs, and to the same level of care, for MANY conditions that an in person session can.
What services can I receive via TeleRehab?
You can receive many of our services via telehealth:
Physiotherapy (strains, sprains, pain, movement dysfunction +more)
- Chiropractic Care
Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Naturopathic Medicine and Nutritional Supplementation
Stroke Rehab / MS / Parkinsons (Neuro Rehab)
Exercise Education and Program creation
Pre Op / Post Op hips and knees
Concussion Rehab and Management
- Occupational Therapy
How it works
All you need is an internet connection, access to a desktop, laptop, smart phone or tablet, and to follow these instructions:
- Book your initial assessment / consultation online: https://cobblestonemedicineandrehab.janeapp.com/
Email: email@example.com or by phoning (519) 442-2237
* Please note your credit card information will be collected at time of booking to secure your appointment but WILL NOT be charged until after your assessment
2. Complete your intake forms. They will be emailed to you as soon as you book your appointment. Please take the time to complete these prior to your appointment
3. You can join your telehealth appointment using either a cell phone/ iPad or a desktop computer with camera/with sound
4. Please arrive to your appointment a few minutes early –
** note: from a desktop please use google chrome or safari web browser **
5. When your therapist is ready they will welcome you from the waiting room with live video connection in your private and secure one:one appointment.
To ensure you have a great appointment please ensure the following:
- You have your camera set up in a location that allows you to move around and still be seen
- You have clear audio – you may want to consider using earbuds for clearer sound (not necessary)
- Have a private space free of distraction so you can focus on what you need
6. Following your appointment your therapist will summarize the goals and treatment plan you agree on, assist you with booking your follow-up sessions, and send you your homework
Secure Video Calls
We use a telemedicine platform called Physitrac that provides you with a personalized 1:1 session with your therapist
- secure and encrypted live video
- the ability to 3-way call if there is someone you want present that isn’t right beside you OR if you and your therapist are requesting a consult
- the ability to screen share so your therapist can show you diagrams, videos and other educational materials
Easy to use for everyone regardless of whether you are tech savvy!
Personalized Rehabilitation Programs
With your personalized rehabilitation program following your session you have:
- Video and written explanation of each exercise
- Educational Material
- Ability to track your pain or adherence to your program
- EASY access and communication avenues with your therapist
Commonly asked questions
1. Will my insurance pay for telehealth appointments?
Yes! We recommend you calling them directly to confirm if they will re-imburse you for telehealth sessions.
2. Do you direct bill to my insurance provider?
Yes! We will direct bill on your behalf for your telehealth session.
3. How do I know who to book with?
- Tony Chen
- Elizabeth Shannon
- Syed Waqar
- Dr Tyler Fletcher
- Dr. Steve Martinow
- Dr Gary Dix
Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Rachel Birley
- Shannon Wylie
- Henne Plahe
4. Can you treat everything via telehealth?
You can expect to receive the same exceptional care through out telehealth services as you would Cobblestone Medicine and Rehab Centres. However, although many situations are served well by telehealth, not everything will be appropriate. Your therapist will absolutely inform you if they feel they will not be able to help you ~ they will direct you to whom else in your own community (another health care profession for example), or the type of referral you may need to receive from your GP to move you forward in your care.
Common treatments through telehealth include: self mobilization, education, exercise retraining, active exercise, review & progression of home exercise programs, movement retraining
TeleREHAB Policies and Informed Consent
COVID-19 is placing stress on Canada’s public health system. Our clinic is starting to offer virtual care to make sure that we can continue to care for our patients safely and effectively. This means that we will be using video and audio technologies for some patient visits rather than asking all patients to come into our office. Some of these technologies are provided by the Province. Others have been provided by vendors like Google, Apple, Embodia and Physitrack to help make discussions with your care provider as easy as possible during these difficult times. Some health concerns can be addressed with virtual care alone, but in some cases your doctor or physiotherapist may ask you to visit a hospital or other health care facility if necessary, for a physical examination.
We do our best to make sure that any information you give to us during virtual care visits is private and secure, but no video or audio tools are ever completely secure. There is an increased security risk that your health information may be intercepted or disclosed to third parties when using video or audio communications tools. To help us keep your information safe and secure, you can:
- Understand that this method of communication is not secure in the same way as a private appointment in an exam room or clinic
- Use a private computer/device (i.e., not an employer’s or third party’s computer/device) and a secure internet connection. For example, using a personal computer or tablet is more secure than at a library, and your access to the Internet on your home network will generally be more secure than an open guest Wi-Fi connection.
You should also understand that virtual care is not a substitute for in-person communication or clinical examinations, where appropriate, or for attending the Emergency Department when needed (including for any urgent care that may be required).
If you are concerned about using video or audio tools for virtual care, you can ask our office to arrange for you to visit a different healthcare provider or other health care center where you can be seen in person. However, please note that visiting a health care provider in person comes with a higher risk of coming into contact with COVID-19 and the possibility of spreading the virus.
By agreeing to an assessment and/or treatment using virtual communication, you understand that there are risks involved as a result of misunderstandings due to lack of visual cues and that there is a potential for connection failure. Please discuss alternate forms of communication with your health care provider in the event that your communication is disrupted.
By providing your information, you agree to let us collect, use, or disclose your personal health information through video or audio communications (while following applicable privacy laws) in order to provide you with care. In particular, the following means of electronic communication may be used (identify all that apply): videoconferencing (including Skype, Facetime, Zoom, Embodia, Physitrack etc.).